This Write and Test Equations with Two Equal Addends to Prove that the Sum will Always be Equal video also includes:
Will the sum of two even numbers always be even? Discover the answer with the fourth video in this five-part series. Multiple examples are presented, using a combination of number sentences and visual models to help young mathematicians deepen their understanding of even numbers. Following the video, extend the lesson by asking learners to use manipulatives or draw pictures to show other examples where two even numbers add up to equal an even number. Note that the title of this resource is incorrect, the words equal should be the words even.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Examples include the addition of one- and two- digit even numbers
- Instructor provides clear explanations to support examples
- A slide show version of the video is available to download
- Supplemental practice problems are required to support student learning