This Write Even Numbers as the Sum of Two Equal Addends video also includes:
Teach young mathematicians that all even numbers can be written as the sum of two equal addends with the third video in this series. This fact is clearly demonstrated with multiple examples, using number lines and visual models to support young learners in strengthening their number sense. Engage the class by providing them with manipulatives, pausing the video and allowing them to follow along with the instructor's examples.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Includes a review of the addition terms addend and sum
- Describes a common mistake for learners to avoid when thinking about even numbers
- Video is available as a downloadable slide show
- Requires practice problems to support learners develop their understanding of even and odd numbers