This Write Fractions: Using Shapes (1) video also includes:
Use knowledge of shapes to learn about writing fractions with a numerator of one. Walk through breaking up rectangular and circular objects into sections, shading in a specific section, and then writing the fraction as a number. As the second of eight videos on understanding fractions, this is a great way for learners to apply prior understandings to a new concept.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Great review of difference between halves, thirds, and fourths
- Multiple examples support student understanding
- The description of the lesson on LearnZillion states that this is the first of two videos, when it is actually the second of eight videos
- The words numerator and denominator are mentioned, but never defined, so discuss these terms with the class before or after viewing