This Write Fractions with Numerator and Denominator video also includes:
Transition young learners from representing fractions as pictures, to writing them numerically with the third video in this four-part series. The terms numerator and denominator are introduced and clearly defined with examples and visual models. Work through the questions in the Guided Practice video as a whole group to check for understanding before assigning independent classwork.
- Supplement this resource in a lesson on fractions to reinforce the meaning of these fundamental math terms
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Provides students with a clear learning objective
- Explains a common mistake for young learners to avoid when representing fractions numerically
- Additional practice problems are required to support learners with writing fractions