This Writing Absolute Value Equations assessment also includes:
It is absolutely the best equation for the situation. Learners write and solve a basic absolute value equation in the first question of the assessment. Given a more complex situation dealing with differences of temperatures, scholars write a second absolute value equation.
- Lead a discussion on the ways to write the difference of two numbers
- Have the class solve the second absolute value equation
- Pupils should be able to determine the absolute value of a number
- Contains examples to illustrate misconceptions
- Provides instructional suggestions to address some misunderstandings