This Writing Absolute Value Inequalities assessment also includes:
Take one step at a time to assess the writing of absolute value inequalities. Presented with a verbal description of a one-step absolute value inequality, pupils write and solve the inequality. Learners develop a two-step absolute value inequality to represent a word problem dealing with a range of time.
- Review solving inequalities with a negative coefficient
- Provide class members with an absolute value inequality and ask them to develop a word problem that would be represented by the inequality
- The class should be familiar with solving absolute value equations
- Provides descriptions of common misconceptions
- Is similar in construction to Writing Absolute Value Equations that allows the teacher to see if misunderstandings are the same for equations and inequalities