This Writing Task 4.NBT.3 worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
When rounding the enrollment numbers for three school districts, Meghan gets the same number while Heather gets three different numbers. So who is right? Young mathematicians must use their knowledge of rounding to explain in writing whether or not both girls can actually be correct.
- Pose this problem as a warm-up activity during a lesson series on place value and rounding
- After completing the exercise, have students discuss their answers in pairs, small groups, or as a whole class
- Implement this worksheet as a formative assessment following a lesson on rounding whole numbers
- Worksheet is available as an editable Word document