This Writing Task 6.EE.5 Item 6 assessment also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Investigate the ability of young mathematicians to solve one-step algebraic equations using the inverse operation with this simple exercise. Given two equations, one involving multiplication and one division, learners must determine which variable has the greater value and provide a written explanation in support of their answer.
- Assign this exercise as a warm-up activity during a lesson on solving multiplication and division equations
- Once individuals have completed the problem, have them discuss their answers with a partner, a small group, or the entire class
- Implement this worksheet as an exit card assessment following a lesson on using the inverse operation to solve algebraic equations
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Worksheet is downloadable as Word document that can be edited