This Writing Task 6.EE.7 assessment also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Young mathematicians demonstrate their ability to model real-world situations algebraically in this problem solving exercise. Provided with information about the rate that two boys can run, students must explain why a given statement is false and create an equation that supports their answer.
- Offer this exercise as a warm-up activity during a lesson series on solving word problems algebraically
- Have students work on the problem with a partner or small group, allowing them to share and discuss their solutions with the whole class
- Use this resource as an exit card assessment during a lesson series on writing and solving algebraic equations
- Resource is available as a Word document that allows teachers to make any necessary revisions
- Two copies of the exercise are formatted to fit on a single page