How do x-rays work? Where they are on the electromagnetic spectrum? Why they are good for showing bones and tumors? How does a CT scan work? All these questions are answered by a short video that also briefly discusses ionizing radiation, cancer concerns, radiographer safety, and the relative amounts of radiation exposure from x-rays versus from flying in a plane.
- Bring in x-rays to show pupils
- Be aware that comments are open to the public on YouTube
- Video best fits as an introduction to x-rays
- The 34th in a series of 49 videos
- Resource includes closed captioning and a full written script
- Easy-to-understand drawings are great for visual learners