This You Mean ANYTHING To The Zero Power Is One? lesson plan also includes:
What do all the graphs have in common? Working in Excel, pupils create an input/output table using exponential equations. The class members use an interval of input values that include zero and use several simple exponential functions to determine the output. Scholars graph using the scatter plot chart for each input/output set and compare the resulting graphs.
- Demonstrate a proof of why anything raised to the zero power is one
- Use the plots to determine whether the graph ever crosses the x-axis
- Individuals need access to a computer with a spreadsheet program
- Includes a link to interactive graphing applets
- Provides suggestions for acceleration and intervention
- Recommendations for assessment are extremely vague