This Your Mighty Teeth lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Why do we need our teeth? In this first of four lessons, young learners are introduced to the different ways we rely on our pearly whites. The class is initially engaged with a mystery box activity, which leads into a discussion about how teeth help us to eat and speak. They then read a short poem about teeth before illustrating it with a picture and finally creating a poem of their own. As added support, consider creating sentence frames for young writers to use when creating their poems. An interesting approach to teaching health that uses poetry to engage students in learning about their teeth.
- Unique approach to teaching health
- Interdisciplinary connections
- Adaptable to Common Core standards
- Not sufficiently differentiated