Build character and satisfy a sweet tooth with an activity that brings scholars together to build a cage for zoo animals using graham crackers, animals crackers, frosting, and licorice.
15 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Take a field trip to the local zoo, or browse their website to learn in-depth information about the animals that inhabit it
- Gather a collection of books about animals that pupils can view when time permits
- The resource is the second in a series of seven lessons promoting active citizenship
- Take classroom allergies into consideration prior to bringing in food
- Encourages positive work habits among peers
- Does not support healthy eating habits