- B.A. Anthropology
- M.A. Education
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- CLAD Certification
- SPED license (in process)
- 13 years teaching experience
“I Can” Common Core! Kindergarten Reading
Did your class meet the standards for reading? Guide the class with a handy checklist that focuses on reading foundational skills, reading fiction, and reading nonfiction texts. The poster prints onto three standard sheets of paper and introduces 31 standards as a comprehensive "I can" statements.
- Have learners check off each box as they progress through the unit of study
- Use to guide the lesson writing process
- Post to show how far your little ones have progressed toward standards mastery
“I Can” Common Core! Kindergarten Writing
Guide the class through the writing process with a great "I can" poster made specifically for the Common Core standards. Intended for learners in the first grade, the poster provides nine target standards in a checklist format.
- Print and laminate the poster and put on display. As the class masters each standard, have learners take turns checking off each "I can" statement
- Use at Back-to-School Night to help parents visualize the Common Core standards for writing
“I Can” Common Core! Kindergarten Speaking & Listening
"I can" statements are the way to go if you want an easy way to understand the Common Core standards. There are eight standards on this checklist that address speaking and listening targets.
- Use during class discussion, have learners check off the standards they have met, and then use the data to track progress analytically
“I Can” Common Core! Kindergarten Language
With a positive attitude kids can do just about anything, including master the Common Core. Reading foundational skills and language development is the focus of this great "I can" checklist made especially for learners in kindergarten. The poster provides 18 Common Core standards which can be checked off as your class works on language development throughout the term.
- The poster can be laminated and used to guide the lesson writing process
- It can be sent home to showcase learning targets or objectives
- Learners can feel proud as they see how they've mastered each standard
“I Can” Common Core! Kindergarten Math
Get ready to engage in Common Core math! Even the littlest mathematicians will enjoy checking off each standard they meet with a fun "I can" Common Core checklist. Thirty-four standards are listed on three pages; each standard provides a check box which can be checked off as you progress throughout the year.
- Use the checklist to guide the lesson writing process
- Provide the list to parents to keep them informed of the standards their children are working on in class
- Discuss the standard of the day with the class and then have them generate ways they think they can meet the standard