What makes the Fourteenth Amendment relevant to today's America? Jeffrey Rosen, president of the National Constitution Center, attempts to answer the question by walking through the clauses of the Reconstruction-era amendment. Due process, reproductive rights, and civil rights are all bound up in this particular amendment to the Constitution.
- Pair with the National Constitution Center's website to read along with an interactive Fourteenth Amendment activity
- Use to review the importance of the Fourteenth Amendment in American history
- Part of a larger series exploring the Constitution
- Scholars may need some background on the Fourteenth Amendment to fully understand the video
- Video is short and adaptable to a variety of classes
- Modern examples engage learners' interest