This 1850-1874 Beef Moves to Nebraska lesson plan also includes:
Just how long was the Long Drive? Learners investigate the movement of cattle in the Great Plains during the mid-1800s. They incorporate photographic, newspaper, video, and primary source evidence into their posters, artwork, and written interpretations of a life moving cattle in Nebraska during the era of the Kansas-Nebraska Act and the Homestead Act.
- Split the class into reading teams for learners who struggle with understanding the material and with completing a worksheet
- Place large prints of the photos around the room to view as a reference
- Lessons designed for grades four and eight but may be modified for high school classes
- Resource provides teacher rubrics for each lesson
- Includes printable worksheets and materials for classroom use