Getting tired of seeing went over and over again in student writing? Banish boring verbs with a list of 250 different substitutes for that mundane word went. Organized in alphabetical order, words such as bustled, inched, and tottered are included in the list.
- Print the list out on large paper and post these 250 words where all can see
- Create a handout with the resource that individuals can keep in a binder or notebook
- When revising writing, have learners circle all uses of the word went and replace them with one of these options
- Includes many options for young writers to consider as they compose and revise their own work
- This will go onto two pages when you print it, so you may have to print double sided or adapt the document if you plan on making a handout