Could clouds be the key to slowing climate change? Cirrus clouds trap more heat than other clouds, thus keeping the Earth warmer; if scientists can get rid of them, the Earth might cool down. An eye-opening video delves into three extreme—but possible—solutions to climate change. These include creating designer clouds, fertilizing the oceans with iron for more phytoplankton, and putting sulfur dioxide into the stratosphere.
- Use the video on a day when discussing how humans can slow down climate change
- Have pairs or groups research other ways humans can help deter climate change
- Video and concepts fit with both middle and high schoolers
- Engaging video due to the fascinating suggestions of how to fix climate change
- Video is less than five minutes