Human traits trace back to simpler species—such as chickens, for example. Using the human genomes, scientists connect these traits to their ancestral origins. A video presentation highlights the structure of human DNA and makes a comparison to other species.
- Use screenshots from the video to create a lesson presentation
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they watch the video
- Expects a solid understanding of DNA structure and function
- Uses images and animations to help explain the concepts
- Instructor shows excitement for the lesson, which adds interest