A collection of writing prompts are so fun, you'll want to finish them yourself! Learners practice narrative prose and poetry skills with prompts that twist traditional structure, provide wild vocabulary, and encourage pupils to incorporate their observations into their writing.
- Have language arts pupils work through the list during each day of National Poetry Month (i.e. the first prompt on April 1st, the second prompt on the 2nd, etc.)
- Use as warm-up prompts periodically throughout the year
- National Poetry Month takes place during the month of April
- Resource is two pages long; consider printing as a double-sided worksheet
- Prompts are innovative, creative, and accessible for all reading levels
- Works well in any month, during any language arts focus