This 3D Applications of the Pythagorean Theorem handout & reference also includes:
How many right triangles can you find in a prism, cone, or pyramid? Using right triangles to find lengths in three-dimensional figures is the focus of the lesson. After working with the Pythagorean Theorem to find missing side lengths of right triangles in the previous lesson, learners now use the same concept in the third dimension.
- Have scholars record the new vocabulary with examples in waffle graphic organizers
- Video requires Internet access to view
- Having 3-D objects available as demonstration helps learners that have difficulty visualizing the concept
- Emphasizes and explains vocabulary in detail throughout the lesson
- Video uses images and color to highlight the lengths of interest
- Spacing of the practice problem worksheet doesn't allow room to draw pictures and show work