This 400 Parts in a Million: The World's Biggest Experiment video also includes:
Carbon dioxide makes up an incredibly small percentage of our atmosphere, so why is it so important? The video explains that humans passed the 400 parts per million mark in 2013. It highlights the causes of the increase and our understanding of what it means for our future.
- Research current rates of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere here https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/index.html
- Discuss the yearly cycle as well as the trend over many years and the importance of understanding both
- Video contains a large amount of sarcasm; pupils who struggle to understand sarcasm may not understand the hidden meaning
- Offers many links to learn more about each of the topics mentioned
- Provides subtitles in Arabic, Chinese, English, German, Spanish