How close are scientists to understanding the universe? Big discoveries bring us closer to understanding, but they also open up more questions that we previously didn't know to ask. This video includes explanations of what we don't know about neutrinos, matter/antimatter, dark matter, lithium-7, and the axis of evil. Yes, in this resource axis of evil is a physics term not a political one.
- Have students create an outline of the five mysteries
- Search for any updated research on each of the topics
- Be aware that not all comments are helpful and carefully align the video not to show anything inappropriate in the classroom
- Provides a long list of sources for those wishing to learn more about each of these mysteries
- Averaging only two minutes per topic, the video's length makes it helpful in a variety of settings