Never again will you need to worry about coming up with a writing prompt! This packet contains, as it says, 501 prompts that are suitable for fourth graders on up. The prompts are paired into four categories (persuasive, expository, narrative, and literary response), and each category comes with a general rubric and a set of sample essays. Awesome!
- When planning a unit, refer to this document for ideas for writing tasks and assessments
- Pick a few to use as starters and freewrites
- Pair these prompts with graphic organizers and other supports to fully scaffold the writing process
- Take some time to look through each category for exactly what you need; you'll even find prompts for specific texts in the literary response section
- The rubrics that come for each style of writing are paired with scoring explanations to help guide your grading
- The sample essays demonstrate various levels of writing ability
- Each section includes more than 100 prompts