This A Bird Came Down the Walk worksheet also includes:
"A Bird Came Down the Walk" by Emily Dickinson is the focus text of a narrative poetry-based reading comprehension worksheet. After reading her poem, young readers respond to seven multiple choice and three short answer questions. The questions range from identifying the speaker's actions to analyzing feelings in lines.
- Have pupils draw the image that comes to mind next to each stanza as an extension
- Encourage pupils to highlight their answers within the text
- Incorporate into a poetry unit
- Assumes learners are familiar with elements of a poem
- Designed for Common Core standards
- Includes an answer key and multi-skill comprehension questions