This A Brief History of Melancholy video also includes:
What is sadness? How is it part of the human experience, and does it have any value? Explore how the concept of sadness has evolved throughout history and across cultures, and discuss its ties to philosophy and implications for scientific study.
44 Views 20 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use this video as a springboard for discussing human emotion in a psychology course or a study of human growth and development
- Consider a follow-up writing prompt in which learners explain how sadness has been viewed throughout history and ways in which they can choose to look at sadness today
- Touches on variety of points, such as ancient Greek philosophers, clinical depression, human emotion, and culture
- Engaging graphics and animations
- Opportunity to flip lesson online and write your own assessment questions