This A Day in the Life lesson plan also includes:
We often see other countries depicted in movies, but getting a close look at a typical day in the life of a young person from another country isn't as common. Give your pupils such a look with a resource that helps class members explore, through discussion and writing prompts, the similarities and differences in daily routine they might have with a young boy from India.
- Have class members make videos that creatively document their own "day in the life"
- Use in the context of a broader unit about India so that the class has more historical context
- To watch the video in class you'll need internet connection and a way to display the video
- The third prompt in the reflection and projection section of the resource is a great extension activity that adds more countries to the mix
- The questions about the movie have the viewers giving some thought not just to the content, but also to the medium of film and how it can be used to express ideas