This A Designed Organism lesson plan also includes:
How can you encourage pupils to demonstrate creativity while still meeting the objective of applying technical knowledge? This activity is your answer! Scientists will create an imaginary creature and prepare a graphic organizer with specific environmental factors required for their chosen creature to exist, inclusive of predetermined adaptations.
- Assign each individual an imaginary herbivore to create and have them provide information about a new plant and a new predator for the imaginary creature
- Compare and contrast each individual's imaginary creature with real organisms
- Review general adaptations made by organisms prior to this activity
- No cleanup necessary for this activity
- Potential for multiple adaptations as needed
- Allows students the opportunity to demonstrate creativity