This A Dichotomous Key of Virginia’s Native Plants lesson plan also includes:
Can your class correctly classify plant species? Individuals explore native plants of the local environment and correctly classify them into their respective categories. They investigate differences in the plants and discuss similarities as well.
8 Views 3 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Perform the activities in this lesson outdoors when possible
- Individuals should have knowledge of dichotomous keys and organism classification
- Make certain no person is allergic to the plants used in the activities
- Post-learning activity to assess objectives gathered from other biology related lessons
- May be performed outdoors or in a large area with ample space