This resource also includes:
To gain a global perspective on immigration, groups investigate and create a map of the migration patterns in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. Class members then examine the background, immigration history, and rights of immigrants to either Ireland, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, or South Korea and craft a presentation detailing their findings.
- Assign each group a different data chart and country and have them update the immigration statistics
- The activity does not consider recent events that have influenced the global perspective of immigration
- The data charts, reflecting statistics from 2000, would need to be updated
- The ninth in a series of 13 resources designed to be used in order
- The 38-page packet includes a detailed plan, images, maps of migrant-sending and migrant-receiving countries, graphic organizers, and information sheets
- The data sheets are outdated