Stimulate interest in ocean currents with a simulation. The first installment of a five-part middle school series teaches future oceanographers about the forces that interact to cause ocean currents. A simulation shows how wind and the presence of land masses affects the ways currents travel.
- Use as a lab activity
- Activity requires a lot of materials; see materials list for requirements
- Viewing additional resources in the classroom requires Internet access
- Activity is in document form, so editing the resource is possible
- Teacher guide includes essential/focus questions that can be used directly with pupils
- Does not include any student worksheets