This A Look at Social Media Policies lesson plan also includes:
Should school news publications use social media if their district is against the use of social media in school? Pupils ponder the policy, then examine their publication's plan in parts seven and eight of a 16-part Social Media Toolbox lesson series. Groups weigh the pros and cons of social media use versus their district's technology guidelines and revise their plans as needed.
- Have pupils interview students about the social media policy and include their responses in their assessments of their action plans
- Invite someone from the district's IT department to be a part of the policy review
- Provide scholars with Internet access and a link to your district's social media policy at the start of the lesson
- The lesson helps learners develop insight into the reasoning behind district-wide policies
- Brainstorming sessions promote independent thought as well as compromise