If scientists could use biotechnology to bring back extinct species, should it? A thought-provoking video explores the technical and ethical considerations of this question as part of a larger biology playlist. It explains what would be required, the progress already made, and the outlook for the future of this application of biotechnology.
- Debate which extinct animal scientists should bring back to life—or whether or not they should at all— if they had the capability
- Consider if we should try to prevent extinctions or just realize that it is a natural part of the cycle on Earth
- Content lasts 4:45 and the rest is an advertisement
- Connects technology, archaeology, ethics, and more
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Includes references for those wanting to learn more