This A-Mazing Plants lesson plan also includes:
Have your young scientists questioned why plants grow a particular way? Through this learning opportunity, scientists gain firsthand knowledge about how plants develop and various factors that affect rates of growth as they bring plants to life. Participants grow plants from seeds and measure their growth rate while collecting data to analyze in a teacher-facilitated discussion.
- Explore other types of tropism, including hydrotropism, chemotropism, gravitropism, and thermotropism
- Explain how other factors, such as competing plants, affect the growth of seedlings
- Ensure no person has allergies to any of the items used for activity
- This interactive activity gives students a tangible product at the conclusion of the experiment
- The experiment can be modified as needed