Get your pupils outside and teach them about peace at the same time! Scholars create a list describing peace, hike outside, add to that list, and later create poems. The exercises support differentiation for your individual classes as they complete the third and final piece of the series.
- Extend the poem challenge by assigning learners a short story narrative
- Consider teaching with the English department
- Suggests visiting the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park
- Provides options if you can't visit the park
- Encourages higher-order thinking
- Cultivates creativity