This A Penny Saved lesson plan also includes:
A penny saved is a penny earned! Scholars research the different ways to save money over a lifetime. They investigate the Rule of 72, compound interest, and sub-prime loans to gain an understanding of how banks aid in the saving process. Young savers learn real-life lessons after reading the educational comic.
- Split class into groups to work through the reading
- Invite a local economist or bank administrator into class to discuss the ways to save money over a lifetime
- Requires Internet access to view the comic book
- Final assessment worksheet is downloadable and printable, making it easier to use in your classroom
- Comic book is printable if some individuals do not have Internet access