Three animators provide different visual interpretations of Walt Whitman's "A Noiseless Patient Spider." What a great way to generate a discussion of interpretation, mood, and tone.
23 Views 23 Downloads
- Pair with a segment or two from Fantasia to model how animators can interpret other genres
- If kids have access to an animation program, have them create their own interpretation of the poem
- Or have individuals create a storyboard for the poem
- Some learners may need an explanation of the three different techniques employed by the artists
- The packet includes the three videos, discussion questions, background information about Whitman, and an assessment