This A Rain Garden Year lesson plan also includes:
Pupils become plants in an interpretive play that depicts what happens throughout the seasons in a rain garden. As you narrate, students bloom, flower, and go to seed accordingly. The lesson is first in a series of lessons written for the state of Wisconsin. Over the course of the unit, the class will transform their schoolyard into a thriving, local-fauna landscape. If you live in another state, you should alter the lesson to include your own native plants rather than those listed.
- Includes suggested additional resources, assessments, and extension ideas
- Familiarizes Wisconsin residents with native plants
- Adaptable to Next Generation Science Standards
- Only four of the 20 suggested plant phrenology cards are provided; you will need to draw your own for the remaining 16
- Actual narrative for the play is not provided, though the bloom and seed months are given