This A Salt Marsh Ecosystem lesson plan also includes:
What a web we weave. Pupils use yarn as the primary resource to create a web depicting the intricacies of a salt marsh ecosystem. They participate in a question and answer session, which leads to an in-depth facilitated discussion about the importance of ecosystems and how daily activities influence the natural order of our environment.
- Allow students to predict the effect of construction or demolition on a food web and describe this as a full class discussion
- Allow class members to create a food web from a different ecosystem, including the creation of a visual display
- Review basic knowledge of predator/prey relationships and food chains prior to beginning this activity
- Provides students with a great visualization of food webs and how they may be affected
- Household items may be recycled each year
- Easy to attain differentiation and modification