This A Worse Death: War or Flu? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
In a lesson that integrates history and mathematics, class members create graphs that compare military death statistics from World War I with those that resulted from the influenza pandemic of 1918.
76 Views 67 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups research a single country to determine the factors that influenced the death toll from both the war and the flu pandemic
- While the resource focuses on Alabama history, the concepts are appropriate for any classroom
- The nine-page resource includes links to background information, statistics on the death tolls, and a rubric for evaluating the graphs
- No information is included about the societal factors that influenced the pandemic death tolls