How does inertia affect an object's trajectory? After watching a video on safety belt use, pupils discuss the notions of inertia. Using their knowledge, individuals try to drop a ball on a target while running, and classmates observe the drop and graph the balls motion.
- Lead a discussion on procedures to follow for the motion ball drop activity
- Assumes the class has some knowledge of parabolics
- Requires a tennis ball and a target
- Includes links to explanations of different types of instructional practices
- Provides an optional link if learners need more structure
- Link to commercial within the text of the lesson is not correct