This Acids and Bases: Cabbage Juice pH Indicator lesson plan also includes:
Explore the range of pH using an assortment of household liquids. Scholars create their own pH indicators from cabbage and determine the pH of several liquids. To further their exploration, individuals use the same liquids to create neutral solutions.
- Record key vocabulary in a graphic organizer to use during the activity
- Complete part one of the activity as a class to ensure understanding prior to further exploration
- Requires advance preparation and specific lab materials
- Teacher materials include key background knowledge to share with pupils
- Questions connect the concepts to real-world situations