Can an element more than 150 times more radioactive than radium be used to cure cancer? A professor shares actinium's properties, applications, and a bit about its discovery a thought-provoking video. This is the 89th installment of a 118-part series on each element in the periodic table.
- Go in to more depth about why this element glows blue
- Create a timeline of the discovery, research, and discoveries related to actinium
- Relies on prior knowledge of the periodic table and radioactivity
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes