Help your pupils build narratives and stories that capture the attention of their readers with this set of worksheets. The first focuses on active introductory sentences, the second on exciting transition words and phrases, and the third on effective concluding sentences.
- Use these during a creative writing or narrative writing units; kids can practice on these pages, and then put their skills to work on their on essays
- After writing their sentences and transitions, have young writers share with partners to compare their work
- Consider providing a list of transition words and phrases for the second worksheet for students who might not have a list of these types of words stored in their minds
- Each exercise is paired with a writer's tip and at least one example to assist learners as they practice their writing skills
- The worksheets are nicely formatted