This Activities for Supporting Oral Language Development activity & project also includes:
Support young scholars' oral language development with the use of four early childhood activities. To reinforce proficiency, pupils read with an adult, play a game of telephone with their peers, put on a play with puppets or stuffed animals, and sing songs loud and proud.
- Provide families with a copy of the worksheet so they may implement the activities and support language development at home
- Choose an English language arts center rotation to implement one of the activities
- Share and discuss the resource with coworkers at your next staff or professional learning community (PLC) meeting
- A website to view a list of age-appropriate books is referenced but the link is not provided; use your expert judgement to choose books best suited for your pupils
- Each activity's description lists how it supports oral language development
- The lesson offers general activities that can be implemented throughout the day and within any curriculum