This Adapt-A-Bird lesson plan also includes:
Not every animal has the best features for its environment. Learners study the characteristics of birds and the implications of these characteristics as related to their environments. They use what they learn to create their own new species that adapts to a unique environment.
- Incorporate during a unit on animal adaptations
- Have pupils choose a bird adaptation and explain its advantages and disadvantages
- Expects a familiarity with genetic adaptations
- Offers adaptations for different grade levels
- Includes all necessary materials