A five-question interactive provides a horizontal number line where integers are stacked on top of one another to find solutions of addition problems. Mathematicians move numbers to the numbers line, as numbers build higher, the sum of the equation is revealed.
- Have the link open on classroom computers for early finishers to work when they complete other tasks
- Send the link home for pupils to work on outside of school and direct them to answer the discussion question on a classroom blog
- If numbers are not exactly on top of each other, the sum will be incorrect
- Remind participants to reset the blocks and ruler before starting the next problem
- A free CK-12 account is required to access the interactive
- If wrong responses are chosen, correct answers are immediately shown
- The interactive's objective is easy to follow