This Adopt-A-Plant lesson plan also includes:
Note the way that plants change during the season by adopting a plant on your school campus. After your class chooses their plant, they research the plant's needs, how it differs from other plants, find ways to support their plant's growth, and record the ways the plant changes over the school year.
- Divide your class into groups, and have groups choose their own plant on campus (some can choose trees, while others can choose shrubs or flowers)
- Create a map of the school, on which kids can draw their adopted plants every season
- Seasonal changes will be more obvious in areas with a larger degree of climate change
- A great alternative project if your class doesn't have access to a garden
- Provides worksheets for recording the plant's progress throughout the year, as well as a rubric for assessment