How do manufacturers make transportation to use less energy? The short video highlights the work of engineers and materials scientists use in their work with new technologies in transportation. It focuses on machining and composite materials that are used for cars and airplanes to make them lighter.
- Use the video as an opener for a STEM lesson on vehicle design
- Research other ways that green vehicles are affecting the manufacturing field
- The video is made in the UK, so pronunciations might be unfamiliar to some
- The video is short to keep pupils' attention
- The resource provides visual examples of how advanced manufacturing is different