This /ae/ Word List worksheet also includes:
As part of a program to develop phonemic awareness, beginning readers are asked to identify and highlight the /ae/ sound in a list of 54 words. The exercise is the second in a series of 16 resources designed to develop the awareness skills needed to detect the vowel sounds in words.
- To reduce stress, introduce only a few of the words at one time
- Laminate the cards to permit reuse
- Some learners with dyslexia benefit from reading materials printed in dark brown ink on beige paper rather than the stark black ink on white paper
- Although designed specifically for learners with dyslexia, the cards may be used to teach phonemic awareness to all those learning to read
- Only one sound is featured on each of the cards in the series
- Attached to the resource is a scrabble game that features the /ae/ sound